We’ve had a great summer. It’s been H.O.T. so most of the time there was some kind of water involved to keep us cool. And when there’s water, it’s a great idea to keep a GoPro camera close. Even better, let your kids be in control of the camera and enjoy some fun shots! Take a look at a few of our summer highlights…
A few week ago I published the GYM BAG ESSENTIALS video on Youtube → see it here! showing some staple items I love having with me to enhance my workouts. Now I’ll be going into more detail about some of my favorites!
LET’S SEE HOW ESSENTIAL OILS CAN ADD VALUE TO OUR GYM LIFE…
First favorite gym bag essential: DEODORANT!!! We should ALWAYS have it in our bag 🙂 hehe. I use to buy a travel size store brand to keep in my bag ‘just in case’, but why ever settle for that? Our DIY deodorant has coconut oil, and that can be scary to travel with so we just add more cocoa butter to thicken it up!! I really love this product. The ingredients we used were aluminum-free baking soda, arrowroot (or cornstarch), coconut oil, cocoa butter and desired essential oils. We used Lavender. For suggestions on other oils you can use, full recipe and video tutorial —» check this out! »»BUY NOW««
I’m also never far from my LIP BALM. I like to have this with me all the time and you absolutely will find it in my GYM BAG! Ingredients: beeswax, cocoa butter, coconut oil, peppermint and lavender essential oils. See full recipe and video tutorial here. »»BUY NOW««
Next, you will find me with doTERRA DEEP BLUE RUB to sooth those achey and tired joints and muscles. This topical cream is formulated with a proprietary blend of natural plant extracts and other powerful ingredients, including Deep Blue essential oil blend of wintergreen, camphor, peppermint, blue tansy, German chamomile, helichrysum, and osmanthus. For more information, click here.
Anyone who knows me knows I would have a good HAND SANITIZER close! We all know how dirty gyms can be. Even in a well maintained facility, blood, sweat and tears happen!!! In most gyms, hand sanitizer is readily available, but we know that these options are not always the best idea – read 5 Hidden Dangers of Hand Sanitizer here. By removing the ethyl alcohol (active ingredient in most brands) and the triclosan and replacing them with powerful antibacterial essential oils, we are able to destroy the yucky germs and protect the important good bacteria that helps build our immune system! So I love having my DIY Hand Sanitizer close! A simple mixture of Aloe Vera Juice, Witch Hazel, Vitamin E Oil and doTERRA’s On Guard essential oil blend makes for a safe, powerful and effective germ-killer! Check out the full recipe and video tutorial here! »»BUY NOW««
Ladies, how about a nice BODY SPRAY to use after the workout!! Simply add Distilled Water, Witch Hazel and Oil of choice (my favorite —» Lavender) to a small spray bottle and you’ve got yourself a long-lasting, chemical-free fragrance!
When we need to grab a quick shower in the locker room after the workout, have these shower essentials packed up and ready to use ↓ ↓ ↓
- doTERRA PROTECTING SHAMPOO —» It smells amazing and is GOOD for colored hair (there is no ingredient that strips the color! Yay!!!)
- doTERRA SMOOTHING CONDITIONER —» Truly leaves the hair feeling soft and thick
- DIY BODY WASH —» Castille Soap, Vitamin E Oil, Jojoba Oil, Essential Oil of choice – Citrus Bliss is amazing and Vegetable Glycerin. We add all of this to a container with a foam pump. »»BUY NOW««
- doTERRA HAND AND BODY LOTION —» This is a fragrance-free lotion that you can add in your own favorite essential oils. Our top pick at the moment is Lavender for healing the skin in the sunny summer months.
The point of the “gym life” is to make it a lifestyle, right?
Well, what is the lifestyle we are creating?? For us, a cleaner, healthier life ♥
I partnered with Suzanna Underwood and my daughter’s online boutique ♥Of Eden♥ to create the Youtube video tutorials to share the method in which we create our products. Click the links below, check out our videos and share with your friends ♥
STAY HEALTHY AND FIT MY FRIENDS!
I’M GETTING EMAILS ALMOST WEEKLY NOW ASKING IF I’M DOING A FITNESS RETREAT THIS YEAR… AND I THINK THE ANSWER IS YES!!!! SO I DO HAVE PEOPLE WANTING TO GET A TRIP TOGETHER. I NEED A FULL GROUP 8-10 TO BOOK THE TRIP. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED… READ ON ↓ ↓ ↓ AND PLEASE SHARE WITH ANYONE YOU KNOW WHO COULD USE A REFRESHING GETAWAY THAT JUMPSTARTS THEIR HEALTH AND FITNESS GOALS!
♥ THIS IS TRULY A LIFE CHANGING WEEK ♥
Jumpstart metabolism, cardiovascular fitness and muscle sculpting program with an intensive week spent at a beautiful, spacious beach house focusing on workouts, nutrition, relationships and team building.
My passion is walking with others, coaching and cheering them on as they find freedom so they are empowered to take every opportunity and live an extraordinary life.
Below is a general description of this 15 day plan.
After I have the group together, I personalize the fitness, food, and supplements for that specific group.
10 DAYS LEADING UP TO THE RETREAT
Nutrition: 10 Day Cleanse. A gentle cleanse that allows you to keep your calendar!
- Rids body of toxins
- Removes impurities
- Improves digestion and absorption
- Coaching on what you should eat
- Prepares body for the Retreat
We will do a variety of different workouts and will use innovative equipment like Tye4® wearable resistance/assistance and HeadFloater™ to stretch, strengthen and improve postural muscles- both you will use on the trip and take home to continue using! The workouts will be created after I evaluate the group. I will write a personalized program to meet your needs and reach your goals!
A few of the classes that will be offered…
* Tye4 (Reformer) Pilates—» Pilates will sculpt the body by developing long, lean, balanced muscle. We will use Tye4 to provide much needed support for certain areas (like the neck and hip flexors) which, in turn, causes the proper muscles to work harder. It will also allow you to add resistance when necessary.
* Tye4 HIIT—» This is a Tabata style HIIT (high intensity interval training) workout that incorporates familiar exercises, but the Tye4 makes this much more effective: 1. Tye4 eliminates pounding and stress on the joints. Instead of creating wear and tear on the joints, you will actually build them stronger. 2. Your heart rate will be higher while using Tye4, therefore burning more calories.
We will be creative with our workouts and enjoy SUNRISE SESSIONS in the morning on the beach and SUNSET SESSIONS on this beautiful rooftop gym. People with specific needs will have separate workout sessions if necessary. This is PERSONAL TRAINING at it’s finest.
Supplements and Nutrition We will use the AdvoCare brand for our supplementation. AdvoCare has over 20 years of research and testimonies behind the products, has an alliance with Informed-Choice (3rd party company) to certify the products are banned-substance free, and has over 72 products so a personalized plan can be put in to place for each unique individual depending on their goals, needs, life-style and preference.
All included in the cost.
All-Inclusive Cost: $1,500
8 people minimum // Deposit: $6,000 to reserve house ($750 per person)
- 6 nights
- All meals, snacks, drinks
- All supplements (10 Day Cleanse -prior to retreat- vitamins, protein shakes, etc…)
- Kitchen coaching – clean, ‘real food’ meals and snacks
- Coaching on how to fuel and repair body
- 9 workouts
- Personal Coaching
- Tye4® you will use and take home
- HeadFloater™ you will use and take home
- AshleyBensonFitness Swag!!!
- Beach access
- Heated pool/hot tub at the house
- Game room (Shuffleboard, Pool, Poker Table, Ping Pong Table, X-Box 360)
- HD flat screen TV in every room
- Travel to the house
- Optional Friday evening meal at local restaurant
- Leisure Activities:
boating. fishing. miniature golf. jet skiing. kayaking. parasailing.
sailing. snorkeling/diving. wind-surfing
FOR MORE INFO AND TO BOOK A TRIP, EMAIL ME!!!!
Here is my little Ninja Warrior…
And here is his coach, Travis Rosen, at the 2014 National Finals/American Ninja Warrior
TYE4 FUNDAMENTALS [Monday 7:00 pm, Crossfit Murfreesboro]
learn how to use Tye4 in more complex variations to maximize results, learn how to apply it to a variety of different exercise styles and get an awesome workout at the same time
TYE4 PILATES [Tuesday 5:15 pm, The WareHouse, Murfreesboro]
build long, lean muscle, increase flexibility & mobility, and strengthen your entire core
TYE4 HIIT [Wednesday 7:00 pm, Crossfit Murfreesboro]
high intensity interval training – using Tye4 will increase intensity, burn more calories and protect the joints while working harder
TYE4 FUSION [Friday 8:45 am, Murfreesboro KettleBell Gym]
cardio, barre, strength and Pilates
Space is limited. Once you purchase your class you spot will be held.
*** You will need to bring a mat to class. For Pilates, non-slip socks or ToeSox are preferred. For more on what to wear with Tye4, check out this post.
831 Park Avenue, Murfreesboro, TN 37128
730-A Middle Tennessee Blvd. Suite #14
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Murfreesboro Kettlebell Gym
730-A Middle Tennessee Blvd. Suite #9
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
PURCHASE TYE4 WEARABLE RESISTANCE — SHOP NOW
FULL VIDEO WORKOUT ARE AVALIBLE IN THE 840WEST ONLINE COACHING GROUP!
Join our Online Coaching Group ($10/month) and get more full workout videos, coaching, encouragement and a fun social online space to connect with others in this game to be more healthy and fit! Click HERE for more info!!
Questions, email me!
PREVIEWS & DEMOS
- Basic Warm-up with Tye4
- LITTLE BLACK DRESS 30 day challenge
- TYE4 Burpees
- TYE4 Tricep Dips
- Tye4 Lunges
- Tye4 Plank
- Flat Abs Workout
- Big Ball Leg Workout!! [stability ball]
- Skinny Jeans Workout!!
- 7 Minutes Cardio Step Workout
- Pilates Footwork
- Pilates Leg Circles
- Pilates Roll Up
- Pilates Hundred
- Back Warm-up and Stretch
- Tye4 Pilates – Double Leg Lower Lift, Circles, Scissor Kick
- Tye4 Balance Sequence
- Tye4 Shoulder Warmup
- Tye4 Side Series
- Tye4 Fusion Demo
- Tye4 Pilates Demo
- Tye4 Chest/Tricep Workout
- Bridge on Ball – video
••• BUY TYE4 – $79.50
Join our Online Coaching Group ($10/month) and get more workout videos, coaching, encouragement and a fun social online space to connect with others in this game to be more healthy and fit!
Visit tye4fitness.com for more info!!
- TheMethod Pilates Official Tye4 Launch, Chelsea Studios NYC 2013
- Tye4 Workshop, NYC July 20, 2013 – quotes, photos
- TheMethod Pilates Standing Pilates Training, NYC June 2014
- Classes, Workshops, Links for Tye4
- About My Tye4 Classes
- Fusion Fever Story: Pilates Style Magazine
- Behind the Scenes: Pilates Style Magazine Photo Shoot
- NewsChannel5 – Nashville News – Tye4 Fusion in Gold’s Gym
- What to Wear on Your Feet
- Photos & Quotes from Tye4 Fusion Class
- When I discovered Tye4, Feb. 2012 – Prototype
- NEW from TheMethod Pilates
POSTS ABOUT FITNESS
- History of Pilates
- Muscle Injury Rehab
- Staying Fit on Vacation
- Running & Pilates = BFF
- Fitmark Guest Blog: Pilates for Runners
- Fitmark Guest Blog: The NEW Tye4
- Fittmark Guest Blog: Confessions of a Trainer
- Sand Workouts
- Outdoor Fitness: Tools & Tips
- Pilates Rocks!
- Pilates Style Magazine: Tye4
- TheMethod Pilates
- Interview with ‘Real Into’
- Look Back: Fitness Vacation 2012
- Weight Training Facts for WOMEN
- A Little Anatomy: Find Your Anchor
- Dr. William Kraemer
- Rich Froning – Fittest Man on Earth
WHAT IS THE MOST POPULAR JUICE?
Sweet Greens – yummy!
Take a look at the menu here.
CAN WE BUY OTHER HEALTHY FOODS/DRINKS AT THE JUICE BAR?
DO YOU DO ANYTHING FOR THE LOCAL COMMUNITY TO ENCOURAGE AND EDUCTE HEALTHY LIVING?
We routinely host community classes in the Juice Bar, opening our doors to most anyone who has a congruent healthy topic to discuss and present; likewise, we allow our space to be used for pop up dinners from locals such as Chef Michael Martin from Whole Foods, Nutrisha, and some other pending ones.
We also participate in a variety of venues where we give out free samples – Crieve Hall Farmer’s Market and the recent Nashville Film Festival. Upcoming: we are hosting a smoothie making class at a local preschool for the kiddos. We stay pretty busy!
READ THE INSPIRATION AND STORY BEHIND THE JUICE BAR HERE.
ARE THERE OTHER JUICE BAR LOCATIONS?
Huntsville, AL opened over two months ago
Berry Hill, TN coming July 2014
Franklin, TN coming August/September 2014
Knoxville, TN coming August 2014
German Town, TN coming spring 2015
Pending dates for locations:
SATURDAY MORNING THESE GIRLS TOOK A BABYSITTING AND CHILD SAFETY CLASS AND I WANT TO TAKE A FEW MINUTES AND SHARE HOW VALUABLE THIS WAS.
FIRST, IT WAS EASY TO SIGN UP – LOTS OF OPTIONS FOR CLASS TIMES AND WAS VERY INEXPENSIVE. SECOND, THE CLASS WAS TO THE POINT. KIM McCRAVEN, RN, TAUGHT THE CLASS AND DID A GREAT JOB PRESENTING THE INFORMATION WITHOUT IT OVERWHELMING THE GIRLS.
* QUESTIONS TO ASK BEFORE BABYSITTING
* ADULT, CHILD, INFANT CPR/AED
* KNOCKED OUT TEETH
* ALLERGIC REACTION/ EPI PIN
* BITES & STINGS
(SNAKE, SPIDER, TICK, BEE…)
“NOW I CAN HAVE CONFIDENCE IN BABYSITTING BECAUSE I AM PREPARED IF SOMETHING HAPPENS. AND I THINK MY MOM FEELS BETTER ABOUT ME WATCHING MY YOUNGER BROTHER. “ – Taylor Benson
TO DECREASE THE RISK OF YOUNG PEOPLE GETTING POISONED, CONSIDER SWITCHING YOUR HOUSEHOLD CLEANERS TO A CHEMICAL-FREE OPTION. CHECK OUT MY DIY RECIPES – HONESTLY TOO CHEAP AND EASY NOT TO DO.
ALSO TAKE A LOOK AT THIS HOMEMADE PLANTAIN TINCTURE FOR BITES, STINGS AND CUTS. IT WORKS SO GOOD!