When Beets BLU asked if I’d review the Bluetooth PagerTag Key Finder,
I was like
OH YES I WILL
Keys do tend to get lost on occasion
- left in particular handbag/computer bag/gym bag & forgotten
- left in the car
- dropped in the grass
- left in the door lock outside the house after it was unlocked & we were all settled happily inside
*these are all hypothetical situations
So yes, I thought if this little lost item devise works, it will come in handy for me.
PagerTag is compatible with iPhones and Androids.
What I did…
- I downloaded the free PagerTag App on my phone.
- I used the app to pair my phone with the devise. This was very easy to do. Using the app, however, was a bit more challenging because not all the buttons are labeled in such a way I immediately understood their purpose and some of the pictures don’t make since for what the action is. The advanced options were not as easy to figure out. I would recommend you watch a quick tutorial of the app to know what the buttons will do, then you can set it up easier. TIP: Make sure the alert on the phone and the devise is enabled. Mine was not at first and surprisingly it did not work. haha So just check that and you’re good to go!
- I attached the PagerTag to the item I want to keep up with – my keys.
- And to test it I walked around with my phone, keys dangling from the lock outside the house, and when my phone was out of range the app alerted me with beeping.
A FEW SCENARIOS
- stuff (keys) lost around your house – this is like the ‘HOT & COLD’ game. While hunting your lost thing, you can watch your app and the signal gets stronger when you’re closer to the PagerTag. You can also press a button to have the PagerTag beep so you can find it’s location.
- stuff protected in public (laptops) – stick the PagerTag inside your computer bag and if it happens to grows legs and walk off, your app will alert you when it’s out of range. Then you can use the GPS in the app to locate it.
- forget your phone – you leave the gym, keys in hand, gym bag on your shoulder, sweat dripping down your face because I’m sure you just had a killer workout and get out to your car. PagerTag on your key ring starts beeping and you know you left your phone inside the gym. (Not that that’s ever happened either… but without this PagerTag, you must borrow someone else’s phone an hour after leaving the gym once you realize you left it there, call the gym and have the front desk guy locate your phone and hold it for you at the front desk)
- animals – attach the PagerTag to your pet, get an alert from your phone that your animal has run off and find it using the PagerTag GPS.
So basically this can be used with anything you can attach it to. I’m trying to figure out how to attach it to our APPLE TV REMOTE and my son’s inhaler.
Check it out here…
* I was sent this item free of charge for the purpose of this review. All opinions and views are my own.