put together a list of
8 Foods You Should Eat EVERY DAY…
This is a great list to check off everyday! For the most part I eat SLOW-CARB, but I add in 1 smoothie a day that gives me these other foods for a balanced diet.
1/4 cup carrot juice
lots of spinach!
a little kale
Get your black beans and tomatoes in
and eat walnuts for a snack!
EAT FOR YOUR HEALTH PEOPLE!!!
Our goal is to reduce our body fat, and that is exactly what we will do if we stay committed to this eating plan. But it is essential that we are feeding our body everything it needs to function properly and be strong.
If we neglect this, then we are harming our body.
The nutrients are at risk of being low during this diet:
POTASSIUM. MAGNESIUM. CALCIUM.
This diet will cause excess water loss,
and that includes electrolytes.
1. Take a supplement.
2. Make sure to get these essential nutrients from your food.
P O T A S S I U M
*** 4,700 mg per day of potassium is recommended for an average, healthy 25-year-old man***
CONTAIN 60% MORE POTASSIUM THAN BANANAS.
CONTAIN 75% INSOLUBLE FIBER.
- Lima beans, cooked, 4.9 cups (1 cup = 969 mg)
- Chard, cooked, 4.9 cups (1 cup = 961 mg)
- Halibut, cooked, 2.6 fillets (half a fillet = 916 mg)
- Spinach, cooked, 5.6 cups (1 cup = 839 mg)
- Pinto beans, cooked, 6.3 cups (1 cup = 746 mg)
- Lentils, cooked, 6.4 cups (1 cup = 731 mg)
- Salmon, cooked, 3.4 fillets (1 fillet = 683 mg)
- Black beans, cooked, 7.7 cups (1 cup = 611 mg)
- Sardines, 7.9 cups (1 cup = 592 mg
- Mushrooms, cooked, 8.5 cups (1 cup = 555mg)
C A L C I U M
***1,000 mg per day is recommended for an average, healthy 25-year-old man***
- Salmon with bones, 1.1 cups (1 cup = 919 mg)
- Sardines with bones, 1.8 cups (1 cups = 569 mg)
- Mackerel, canned, 2.2 cups (1 cup 458 mg)
- Tofu, firm, 3.6 cups (1 cup = 280 mg)
- Collards, cooked, 3.8 cups (1 cup = 266 mg)
- Spinach, cooked, 4.1 cups (1 cup = 245 mg)
- Black-eyed peas, cooked, 4.7 cups (1 cup = 211 mg)
- Turnip greens, cooked, 5.1 cups (1 cup = 197 mg)
- Tempeh, 5.4 cups (1 cup = 184 mg)
- Agar, dried, 5.7 cups (1 oz = 175 mg)
Looks like I might need to take a calcium supplement 🙂
M A G N E S I U M
***400 mg per day is recommended for an average, healthy 25-year-old man***
- Pumpkin seeds, 2.6 oz (2 oz = 300 mg)
- Watermelon seeds, dried, 2.8 oz (2 oz = 288 mg)
- Peanuts, 1.6 cups (1 cup = 245 mg)
- Halibut, cooked, 1.2 fillets (half a fillet = 170 mg)
- Almonds, 5 oz (2 oz = 160 mg)
- Spinach, 2.5 cups (1 cup = 157 mg)
- Soybeans, cooked, 2.7 cups (1 cup = 148 mg)
- Cashews, 5.5 oz (2 oz = 146 mg)
- Pine nuts, 5.7 oz (2 oz = 140 mg)
- Brazil nuts, 6.3 tbsp (2 tbsp = 128 mg)
*** All this information is found in Tim Ferriss THE 4-HOUR BODY.
For a great boost in reaching your goals, consider joining me this summer on a HEALTH & FITNESS RETREAT! Now booking for the June 2-6 trip. Read HERE for details.