- They support family farmers who respect and care for their land and animals
- They use meat from animals who have been raised without the use of antibiotics and added hormones
- Their dairy has come from dairy cows raised without synthetic hormones
- They serve organic and local produce when possible
- Lower your risk of cancer!
- Improve your immune system!
- Fight against vision loss!
- Protect against cardiovascular disease!
- Help keep fluids & minerals in balance!
- Enhance muscle function!
- Help regulate your digestion!
I LOVE chips, but when I look at it this way, I have NO problem putting down the bag and grabbing the veggies!
No cholesterol or saturated fats!
Rich in protein!
A great source of calcuim!
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6
- Invite Him into your meal planning.
- Invite Him into your grocery shopping.
- Invite Him into your cooking.
- Invite Him into your workouts.
- Invite Him into your muscle repair after your workout.
- Invite Him into your energy.
- Invite Him into your metabolism!!!
- Invite Him into every part of your life!
Diabetes This is one fat that diabetics can eat without fear. Not only does it not contribute to diabetes, but it helps regulate blood sugar, thus lessening the effects of the disease. Island people have consumed large amounts of coconut oil for many generations without ever encountering diabetes, but when they abandoned it for other foods and oils, the results were disastrous.
Weight Loss The connection between coconut oil and weight loss is interesting. Farmers in America discovered this early last century when they tried to fatten their cattle by feeding them coconut oil. Instead of gaining weight, their cattle lost weight! So again, this is not news. Do a simple Internet search such as “benefits of coconut oil” and you will get plenty of details.
Bone and Dental Health Coconut oil improves calcium and magnesium absorption in the body, which in turn is greatly beneficial to dental and bone health. The improved calcium absorption created by coconut oil use ceases tooth decay and aids in the development of strong teeth. The combined increased calcium and magnesium absorption are of great benefit to middle-aged women who may become afflicted with osteoporosis.
Coconut Oil: A Good Saturated Fat? You may ask, isn’t coconut oil a saturated fat? And aren’t saturated fats harmful? Yes, coconut oil consists of 90% saturated fats. But whether or not saturated fats are harmful depends on who you ask. Among mainstream nutritionists, the idea that saturated fats cause heart disease is an “absolute truth” that is never questioned. Those who question this belief, however, point out that mankind has been consuming mainly saturated fats – in the form of butter, lard, coconut oil, etc – for thousands of years, yet heart disease was rare before the 1920s. If anything, the rise of heart disease in recent decades may correspond to the increasing use of polyunsaturated vegetable oils like corn, safflower and canola, as well as margarine.
the BEST PLACE to buy COCONUT OIL is TROPICAL TRADITIONS!
Read more about
HANDCRAFTED VIRGIN COCONUT OIL
MASSED PRODUCED MACHINE MADE COCONUT OIL here.
- Load up on carbohydrates for a longer workout with ½ cup cooked steel-cut oats topped with 1 tablespoon dried fruit and 1 tablespoon shaved almonds.
- For the perfect blend of carbs and protein, try 1 cup non-fat vanilla bean Greek yogurt — which often packs more protein and probiotics than regular plain yogurt — with ½ cup fresh blueberries.
- For a quick carb fuel-up, slice 1 medium apple and serve with 2 tablespoons all-natural peanut or almond butter.
- Top ½ cup cottage cheese — a low calorie and higher protein option — with ½ cup fresh pineapple, berries, or melon.
- Pre-Workout Drink Muscle Fuel – because sometime it need to be THAT easy!
- Chocolate Almond Shake 1 scoop of chocolate whey protein – Muscle Gain Protein – 1/2 a banana, 1 TBSP almond butter, and 1 cup of almond milk
- Ants On A Log Spread a heap of natural peanut/almond butter over celery and top with raisins.
- Four eggs whites, 1 ounce low-fat cheese, and ¼ cup canned black beans — then spice it up with a savory salsa.
- Blend 4 cups spinach, ½ cup vanilla bean yogurt, 1 cup almond milk, 1 banana, and 1 tablespoon peanut butter with ice — Claudine Morgan via Iowa Girl Eats.
- One cup fat-free cottage cheese, 1 teaspoon honey, ½ cup whole-grain cereal, and a dash of cinnamon does a body good.
- One 7-inch pita with two spoonfuls of hummus adds a little pep back to your step with quick digesting carbs.
- Veg out after a hard training session with 2-3 whole eggs scrambled with a handful of chopped onion, spinach, and bell peppers.
- Protein Bar Sometimes you need something to grab and go!
- Post-Workout Recovery Drink –
- Helps minimize muscle soreness after strenuous activity
- Supplies essential components for muscle repair to optimize muscle recovery
- Helps maintain and restore energy supplies during and after physical activity
- Contains branched-chain amino acids to support muscle recovery, growth and endurance.
Studies suggest that long-term consumption
of pomegranate juice may::
slow down the aging process
protect against heart disease
protect against cancer
It contains more
ANTIOXIDANTS than other juices!
To get the health benefit,
drink 4-8 oz a day.
FACT :: There are aproximatly 13,000 species of beans and legumes in the world! Now that’s variety!
Diets rich in beans are being used to:
reduce risk of many cancers
improve diabetics’ blood glucose control
lower blood pressure
regulate colon function
lower cholesterol levels
prevent and cure constipation
Richly colored dried BEANS offer a lot of antioxidant protection! Red kidney beans actually have more antioxidants than blueberries!
Beans are loaded with
FIBER and PROTEIN
Brown Rice and Black Bean Burritos Rachael Ray
- 2 cups chicken stock or water
- 1 cup brown rice
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 15-ounce can fire-roasted tomatoes, diced
- 2 14-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 large, whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup of smoked white cheddar
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 4 small tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch (about a handful) of cilantro leaves removed from stems
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Juice of 1 lime
- A few dashes hot sauce
- 1 jicama, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
While rice is cooking, place another pot over medium heat with 1 turn of the pan of EVOO, onion, garlic, jalapeño, salt and ground black pepper. Cook until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in cumin and cook about 1 minute then add tomatoes and beans, and heat through, about 2 minutes. Keep warm until the rice is ready.
When everything is ready, lay down the tortillas and divide the cheese evenly between them. Divide the rice and beans between the tortillas as well as the lettuce, tomatoes, scallions and cilantro. Roll up each burrito.
The Ultimate Chili Allrecipes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 (15 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans
- 3 (14.5 ounce) cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef until evenly browned. Drain off grease, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a slow cooker, combine the cooked beef, kidney beans, tomatoes, celery, red bell pepper, and red wine vinegar. Season with chili powder, cumin, parsley, basil and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to distribute ingredients evenly.
- Cook on High for 6 hours, or on Low for 8 hours. Pour in the wine during the last 2 hours.