SOCK FEET… While practicing Pilates, for example, you will want to kick off your shoes. Choose a non-slip sock like ToeSox or something similar. Tye4 should NOT be done barefooted for a few reasons. During certain movements, the foot strap will slip and distract from the movement. It can also irritate the foot, so find a cute pair of sock and wear them proud!
1. For larger, bulky shoes, the Tye4 strap can go inside the shoe. It needs to fit around the middle of the foot pulling up from the arch. This strap position activates the feet muscles and proper alignment of those muscles. Feet are really important. They are the foundation of your body. “Strong foot muscles support all of the ligaments, tendons and bones on your foot.” — ManNotMachinery.com
Read more here.
2. For Tye4 balance work, like dance, Barre, and Standing Pilates, our feet need to completely spread out on the floor when we are standing. This is so important for balance. We want to use the entire foot and allow for the widest part to expand. So a minimalist footwear is preferred. They need to be light and flexible so we can articulate the foot.
- They are very light and the mesh keeps my feet cool… they breath!
- The new hexagonal flex grooves on the sole allows the foot to move naturally in every direction. It is easy to articulate the foot.
- They are supportive while allowing freedom in movement.
- The heel mimics the shape of your foot that promotes a more natural footstrike.
- These feel natural and weightless… like bare feet.
- I am able to wear the Tye4 strap on the outside of the shoe.
- Plus, they are CUTE! We gotta look good while doing Tye4!
Thanks again Fleet Feet Nashville!
You guys, join the community and follow