I love pizza and am realizing that I can play around with it to kill the carbs and increase the nutrition. It’s like a DREAM… true HEALTHY PIZZA!
So here’s what I did.
1. Cut zucchini into about 1/4 in slices.
2. Put zucchini in a zip-lock bag with olive oil. Shake up really good.
3. Put the slices flat onto a pan… save your self clean-up time and lay down some foil first.
4. Broil for 2 minutes, flip, and then broil an addition 2 minutes.
5. Add your sauce, cheese, and another toppings you want.
6. Broil one more time for 2 min.
Watch the cheese and make sure it doesn’t burn.
I really enjoyed these with my KALE CHIPS.
My kids plate.
OK, so I didn’t fool them with the pizza. They were a little weirded out
– with good reason –
and ate the top off the pizza, leaving the zucchini for the trash 🙁
Oh well, I guess this will be MOM’S version!
Try it out and let me know what you think.
Did you get creative with your toppings?