THE MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE DAY
Let me explain why…
Compare our bodies to a car and the food we eat to the gasoline that makes the car run. We MUST fuel up before moving forward in our day. Both brain and muscles need fuel. Without breakfast, the brain operates slow and will impact the rest of the body.
Think of Breakfast as breaking the fast. It is extremely important to “start your engine” – your metabolism – as early as you can in the morning. Metabolism= the process of converting food into energy. When the metabolism gets going, the body starts burning calories!… a GOOD thing!
F A C T :
- Children who eat a proper breakfast perform better in school and tend to have less hyperactivity. Breakfast is brain fuel!
- Children and adults who eat breakfast have improved memory and concentration, mental performance, productivity and problem-solving ability.
- A good breakfast helps us avoid over eating- people who don’t eat breakfast often consume more calories in their day
- Eating breakfast keeps our weight in check.
- For sustainable energy, eat foods full of protein, good fats, and fiber. If your breakfast makes you hungry, you are eating too many simple carbohydrates.
I understand how crazy and hectic the mornings can be. Getting dressed, brushing teeth, combing hair (I’m trying to convince my 10 year old daughter this is a must!), grabbing backpack for school or briefcase/laptop for work, showing up at school/work on time… these are all non-negocialbe. Right? What about breakfast. It is EASY to skip! We have to add this to our to-do list every morning.
I hope to help with some quick, healthy breakfast ideas for this most important meal of our day!
Watch how I make a 3 minutes breakfast
Prepare fresh fruit in a to-go cup the night before.
…and top with granola.
This is a quick, delicious, nutritious meal to take on the go!
For this meal, I used:
This granola has hemp seeds and flax seeds added- protein, fiber and omega-3
Plan ahead, prepare hard-boiled eggs, cool and peel. Place them in snack size zip-lock for each family member.
Cut up fruit and create mini fruit salads in individual bags, or use a whole piece of fruit.
Yogurt is also a great addition to this meal.
preheat oven 375
- Italian sausage and broccoli
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 milk
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- salt & pepper
- personalize these to fit your taste – add cheese and other spices. Be creative!
I cooked sausage & broccoli together
While the meat was cooking, I whisked my eggs, then add the following ingredients.
Grab your muffin pan.
Either spray with non stick spray or use paper liners.
I first put in the meat and veggies
Then I poured the eggs over the top
Then I baked them for 35 min.
This may vary.
Add your own twist and let me know what you did!