- TOMATO :: Like our heart it has 4 chambers and is the color red. It also contains lycopene which nourishes the heart and blood.
- KIDNEY BEANs :: are shaped like our kidneys. They heal and maintain kidney function.
- ONIONS :: The appearance resembles cells in the body. They clean out waste material from all cells, i.e. detoxification.
- SWEET POTATOES :: They look like the pancreas. They release sugars gradually into the bloodstream, which is easy on the organ, and helps regulate blood sugar levels. They are high in antioxidants (beta-carotene) that protects all tissue in the body- including the pancreas- from cancer and aging.
- CELERY. RHUBARB. BOK-CHOY:: These look like bones. They specifically target bone strength. Bones are thought to be 23% sodium… these foods contain 23% sodium! If you become sodium deficient, your body will pull sodium from the bones!
- CARROTS :: sliced they look like our eye. Carrots enhance blood flow to the eyes. The beta-carotene in carrots reduce the risk of developing cataracts & protects against macular degeneration
- WALNUTS :: look like the brain. Scientists claim they help development of over 3 dozen neurotransmitters in the brain… this aids in brain function. They help ward off dementia and break down plaque associated with Alzheimer’s
- GRAPES :: look like the tiny air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs where oxygen is passed into the blood. Grapes are found to reduce the risk of lung cancer & emphysema. The chemical – proanthocyanidin – in grapes is thought to reduce severity of allergy induces asthma
- GINGER :: looks like our stomach. Helps digest food; calms the stomach; cures nausea and motion sickness. It also slows down the growth rate of bowel tumors
- AVOCADO :: looks like the uterus, improves health & function of the uterus. Helps balance hormones and is thought to prevent cervical cancer. FACT: It takes avocados 9 months to grow into maturity. Sound familiar?
- FIGS :: are full of seeds and hang in twos. They resemble testicles – studies have shown that figs increase the motility of sperm & increase sperm count
If anything, I hope it opens our minds to the fact we have the power to grow, strengthen and promote healing in our body by selecting real foods.
So feed your body, not your cravings!
Know that you are making improvements to your body EVERY TIME you choose HEALTHY foods!