I’m obsessed with COCONUT. OBSESSED. It’s just the best… health, seriously tasty, versatile and every time it tricks me into thinking I’m on a beautiful tropical island.
FACT: I have a jar of coconut oil in almost every room in my house and use it for
- vanilla coconut ice cream I eat almost every day
- makeup remover
- lip balm
- … It’s just perfect.
A friend of mine wanted to feed my obsession and shared this ingenious recipe with me. And because I’m so nice I thought I’d pass this beauty along to you! 🙂
—» HOMEMADE COCONUT YOGURT «—
If you watch SURVIVOR, you know that when you crack open a coconut, you find the clear coconut water and you will also see the meat. Coconut milk and cream are made by boiling the meat in water.
• COCONUT MILK: Coconut milk has the liquid consistency of cow’s milk and is made from simmering one part shredded coconut in one part water.
• COCONUT CREAM: Coconut cream is much thicker and richer. It is made from simmering four parts shredded coconut in one part water. The cream that rises to the top of a can of coconut milk is also considered coconut cream.
• CREAM OF COCONUT: Cream of coconut is a sweetened version of coconut cream, and is often used for desserts and mixed drinks. Because of the added sugar, it is usually not interchangeable with coconut cream…read more and find recipes at thekitchn.com
This recipe is made with COCONUT CREAM.
I accidentally used CREAM OF COCONUT the first time. #fail
EWWWWWW WAAAAYYYY TOOOO SWEEEET
It was EXTREMELY rich. IDK maybe you would like it but it does have added sugar.
So this is where I keep the recipe in my kitchen —» on a cabinet door. If you come over for a party I will use stuff from the top shelf.
This can be adjusted for your taste and it makes about 7-8 4oz jars.
- add your favorite berries
- to make it sweeter, add honey
- don’t freak out that it has avocado… you won’t even know it’s in there
OH AND THIS:: after you spoon out the coconut cream, separate the water and use it in smoothies or whatever. It’s COCONUT WATER!!
BLEND all those ingredients and chill.
Give it a try and let me know what ya think!