As I was searching for the best and most practical – meaning easy- homemade house cleaners for me to use in my home, I came across this chemical-free OVEN cleaner on a website called YumUniverse.com I really love the recipe that Heather has and I’m going to adopt it as my own oven cleaner!
paintbrush (like a pastry brush)
2 medium glass bowels
1/2 cup of liquid soap
1 1/2 cup baking soda
2-4 drops of essential oil of your choice
1/4 cup white vinegar
water as needed to make thick paste
1. Remove racks- clean them separately in the sink.
2. Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix well. You will want a thick paste.
3. Paint the paste over the entire surface of the inside of the oven.
4. Let is sit for 6-8 hours (over night maybe???)
5. Fill bowl with clean water and use it with the sponge to wipe off the surface. You may need to get clean water a few times.
Ok, so I want to know who is going to go clean their oven now? I think I will paint on the cleaner on Sunday evening, let it do its thing all night and then wipe it down Monday morning. A clean oven for the start of a new week might just inspire me to use it next week! LOL We shall see!