GREEN LEAFY VEGETABLES
- full of antioxidants from plant compounds from polyphenols, flavonoids, lutein, zeaxanthin, and carotenoids to fight against free radicals
- Vitamin K, C, E, and many B vitamins
- rich source of minerals – iron, calcium, potassium, and magnesium
- rich in fiber and low in fat and carbohydrates
Kale – Collards – Turnip Greens – Swiss Char– Spinach – Mustard Greens – Broccoli – Romaine Lettuce – Cabbage – Ice Burg Lettuce – Parsley
Slow down the aging process by controlling inflammation and eliminating free radicals from your body through your diet!
Antioxidant: protects the body from damaging molecules called free radicals.
How to Eat Leafy Veggies ::
Make a Smoothie
Green Smoothie allrecipes.com
- 1 banana, thickly sliced, frozen
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (optional)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- Place the banana, kale, flax seed meal, and coconut oil into a blender, pour in the milk and orange juice. Cover, and puree until smooth; serve.
Make a Soup
Vegetarian Kale Soup allrecipes.com
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and leaves chopped
- 8 cups water
- 6 cubes vegetable bouillon (such as Knorr)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 6 white potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans (drained if desired)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot; cook the onion and garlic until soft. Stir in the kale and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Stir in the water, vegetable bouillon, tomatoes, potatoes, beans, Italian seasoning, and parsley. Simmer soup on medium heat for 25 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Turn them into chips!
Just tear up kale or collard greens, tossing them in salt, oil and lemon juice and cook300 degrees for 25 minutes
Add them to Sandwiches
And of course a Salad
If you have great ideas on how to eat Leafy Greens, please share!