* And everyone gets their own toothpaste container!
NO DOUBLE DIPPING IN MY TOOTHPASTE!!!
The spearmint was the most popular, followed by peppermint and orange. A few tried cinnamon and we decided it “tasted” like those Christmas cinnamon brooms…
so not for me.
I did warn the kids that this tasts/feels salty because of the baking soda. Add more coconut oil if you want and you can add a little stevia or sugar to sweeten it… but that seems weird to me because we are trying to remove sugars from our teeth, but some recipes add it.
Check out how easy this is on my DIY Toothpaste video.
Right now Tropical Traditions has their Coconut Oil on Sale! This is no doubt the best quality you can get and I absolutely LOVE this awesome company. Click HERE to take a look and buy.
STUFF TO KNOW ABOUT ESSENTIAL OILS
* Citrus oils pul toxins out of plastics and should only be used with glass.
* Essential oils should not be used undiluted on the skin. Some can be used with “carrier oils, waxes, butters, alcohols, or other diluting measures
* Do not take essential oils internally – especially wintergreen and eucalyptus
* If you’re allergic to a food, you will be allergic to that oil.
* Most essential oils are high in antibacterial, anti fungal and antiviral properties… good for cleaning!
* If you use product on a child under 5 yrs, use half the amount of essential oils
* Always test a small area of your skin first to make sure it isn’t going to irritate your skin