… throw my snuggly UGG boots in the mix and we’ve got us a perfect situation.
BUT OH THE ALLERGIES… aka INFLAMMATION
3/4 of the people who live in under my roof suffer from seasonal allergies→ asthma. It’s really only a problem during spring and fall. We will experience inflammation in our lungs which make it hard to breathe – NOT COOL. But what IS COOL … we can keep the inflammation under control through our nutrition.
SORRY ALLERGIES… WE’RE BREAKING UP
PositiveHealthandWellness.com published a great article called THE BEST FOODS FOR ANTI-INFLAMMITORY DIET and I used this as my refresher/ brush-up on FALL food/ shopping list as I change things up a bit for my family. Here are the foods listed to help combat inflammation.
- Omega-3 – I don’t eat fish so I get mine through Omega-3 supplements.
- Avocado – I eat 1/2 every morning with my eggs… avocado toast is trending these days and I know why… BECAUSE IT’S GOOD! Try it.
- Dark green, leafy vegetables – I eat a simple spinach salad almost every day, and when I can’t/don’t want to eat my veggies, I drink them. Check out this post for different green smoothie recipes. If I’m being lazy or don’t have fresh greens at the house, my favorite local solution is the Juice Bar! Check out iLOVEJuiceBar.com for locations.
- Walnuts/Olive oil
- Watermelon and Berries
- Ginger, turmeric, oregano … I make ginger tea … simple just blend up ginger and fresh squeezed lemon, pour in ice cube tray, freeze and then add a ginger cube to hot water.
- Whole grain foods – gluten seems to really irritate our inflammation so we cut way back in our house during high allergy seasons, but to get our grains we choose sprouted grain options (once sprouted, the gluten is released).
Head over to PositiveHealthandWellness.com for more details on these foods. Also read up on
- Why inflammation occurs
- Problems inflammation can lead to
- How insulin is involved
- How to combat inflammation
- What you should avoid
Thanks for reading and I hope you have the HEALTHIEST HAPPIEST FALL ever!
SHOP FOR PRODUCTS LISTED IN THIS POST!