- Coconut Oil – the best kind – click HERE to check it out!
- Spark – Vitamin energy drink. Check it out HERE.
I realized today when I was shopping at Trader Joe’s that I have a mental smoothie shopping list that I use. I keep foods from this list in my kitchen so that my family can have a variety of smoothie options available to them. So I’ve decided to put MY list down on “paper” and share it with you! With smoothies, I encourage you to be creative! Some are better than others, but soon you will find combinations you LOVE! This happens to be my list, so feel free to add other foods to your list.
- Blending food takes care of the first step in digestion: chewing! Food breaks down faster in the stomach. It’s like a mini-vacation for your digestive system 🙂
- Smoothies offer a chance to “eat” food you usually wouldn’t eat. For instance, I dislike Kale… a lot! I’ve tried it different ways, it’s just gross to me. One day I got brave and put a small amount in a smoothie. Surprisingly I didn’t hate it! In fact, I kinda liked it. Slowly I began adding more and more kale. Now I’m to the point where I crave it. Yes, I’ve gone there!
- Smoothies offer a chance to sneak food to your kids body that they would NEVER imagine eating! THIS REALLY WORKS! At first my kids had no idea what they were “eating”, but by this point, they know I put all sorts of stuff in. Both of my kids like their smoothie different ways, and I adjust them according to their preference.
- They are easy.
- They are fast.
- They are yum.
STIR FRY PIZZA – SCD
TOMATO BASIL SOUP
SLOW-CARB SANDWICH – SCD
3 MINUTE MEAL – video/SCD
THE BEST BEANS SCD
CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
*** For more great health recipes, check out Holistic Chef Laura Lea
smoothies AND shakes AND working out…
9 FOODS TO EAT IN JANUARY
HOW TO GET YOUR KIDS TO EAT VEGETABLES
SPINACH… I THINK YES!
EATING SLOW-CARB AT CHUYS