This is how I make
- Be sure to check out the details for the slow-carb CONTEST and enter to win!!!! Take a look HERE. There will be great HEALTHY prizes given
- If you have a story or comment regarding the slow-carb challenge, let us hear it! You can tell talk to us in the comments or email it to me and I will add it to the “Quotes and Conversations” blog.
STIR FRY PIZZA – SCD
TOMATO BASIL SOUP
SLOW-CARB SANDWICH – SCD
3 MINUTE MEAL – video/SCD
THE BEST BEANS SCD
CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
*** For more great health recipes, check out Holistic Chef Laura Lea
smoothies AND shakes AND working out…
9 FOODS TO EAT IN JANUARY
HOW TO GET YOUR KIDS TO EAT VEGETABLES
SPINACH… I THINK YES!
EATING SLOW-CARB AT CHUYS
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6
- Invite Him into your meal planning.
- Invite Him into your grocery shopping.
- Invite Him into your cooking.
- Invite Him into your workouts.
- Invite Him into your muscle repair after your workout.
- Invite Him into your energy.
- Invite Him into your metabolism!!!
- Invite Him into every part of your life!
Diabetes This is one fat that diabetics can eat without fear. Not only does it not contribute to diabetes, but it helps regulate blood sugar, thus lessening the effects of the disease. Island people have consumed large amounts of coconut oil for many generations without ever encountering diabetes, but when they abandoned it for other foods and oils, the results were disastrous.
Weight Loss The connection between coconut oil and weight loss is interesting. Farmers in America discovered this early last century when they tried to fatten their cattle by feeding them coconut oil. Instead of gaining weight, their cattle lost weight! So again, this is not news. Do a simple Internet search such as “benefits of coconut oil” and you will get plenty of details.
Bone and Dental Health Coconut oil improves calcium and magnesium absorption in the body, which in turn is greatly beneficial to dental and bone health. The improved calcium absorption created by coconut oil use ceases tooth decay and aids in the development of strong teeth. The combined increased calcium and magnesium absorption are of great benefit to middle-aged women who may become afflicted with osteoporosis.
Coconut Oil: A Good Saturated Fat? You may ask, isn’t coconut oil a saturated fat? And aren’t saturated fats harmful? Yes, coconut oil consists of 90% saturated fats. But whether or not saturated fats are harmful depends on who you ask. Among mainstream nutritionists, the idea that saturated fats cause heart disease is an “absolute truth” that is never questioned. Those who question this belief, however, point out that mankind has been consuming mainly saturated fats – in the form of butter, lard, coconut oil, etc – for thousands of years, yet heart disease was rare before the 1920s. If anything, the rise of heart disease in recent decades may correspond to the increasing use of polyunsaturated vegetable oils like corn, safflower and canola, as well as margarine.
the BEST PLACE to buy COCONUT OIL is TROPICAL TRADITIONS!
Read more about
HANDCRAFTED VIRGIN COCONUT OIL
MASSED PRODUCED MACHINE MADE COCONUT OIL here.
We can’t turn back time, but we CAN
slow down the inevitable aging process
that we all must face!
We can improve our quality of life and reduce our risk of age-related diseases by what we eat!
Choose HEALTH by choosing these
- a powerful antibiotic – the active component is a chemical called allicin that helps the body inhibit the growth and reproduction of germs
- promotes a healthy heart and blood circulation! (warning: can thin blood- similar to aspirin)
- helps promote a healthy immune system- it strengthens the body’s defenses
- Studies are now showing that garlic can reduce cholesterol
- has germanium (an anti-cancer agent)- more of this than any other herb
- can strengthen your body’s defenses with allergies
- helps regulate blood sugar levels
- it’s packed with vitamins and nutrients
- regulates blood sugar
- reduces LDL cholesterol levels- may help reduce risk of cardiovascular disease
- reduces pain like arthritis
- may reduce the proliferation of cancer cells (according to research at the University of Texas- published in the journal Nutrition and Cancer)
- a natural food preservative
- contains small amounts of fiber, calcium, iron and manganese
- proven effective for menstrual pain and infertility (contains a natural chemical-cinnamaldehyde) = increases the hormone progesterone & decreases testosterone production in women… helps balance hormones
- holds promise for Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis, brain tumor, and meningitis – according to research at the Cytokine Research Laboratory, Department of Experimental Therapeutics, and The University of Texas. Their research shows that cinnamon reduces chronic inflammation linked with these neurological disorders.
- can build up immune system
- has antioxidant & anti-bacterial properties
- helps improve digestive system
- has carcinogen-preventing and anti-tumour properties… helps fight against cancer!
- has antiseptic and antibacterial properties that inhibits the growth of certain bacteria
- helps keep external wounds clean and free from infection
- has an anti-inflammatory agent- can reduce swelling & pain, and even scarring
- helps treat sore throats- not only soothes the throat, but can also kill certain bacteria that cause the infection
- Omega-3 essential fatty acid– our body needs these “good” fats. They are great for heart health and weight loss.
- Lignans-have both plant estrogen and antioxidant qualities. These seeds contain 75-800 times more lignans than other plant foods.
- Fiber– contain both soluble and insoluble type
- At least 2 of the components seem to protect against cancer- specifically breast cancer, prostate cancer, and colon cancer . They can block enzymes that are involved in hormone metabolism and interfere with the growth and spread of tumor cells. There are also antioxidant properties.
- Flax Seeds help the cardiovascular system with it’s anti-inflammatory properties and can normalize the heartbeat.
- New studies suggest significant blood pressure-lowering effects
- Can prevent hardening of the arteries and keep plaque from being deposited in arteries
- May help lower cholesterol levels
- May reduce inflammation from certain illnesses (like asthma and parkinson’s disease)
- Can help prevent heart attack and strokes
- May help reduce hot flashes Ladies!