“January 17, 2012 – Physically, emotionally and financially we were broken we prayed for a solution. We were introduced to Advocare from our dear friends and heard HOPE that our situation could be different! We decided right then and there to make a change. We started the Advocare 24 Day Challenge and had AMAZING results. I lost 14 lbs and 17 inches and Anthony lost 20 lbs and 20 inches! Needless to say we knew everyone could add value to their life, health and finances through this vehicle so we got very intentional to share our story and help as many people as we could. Fast forward 2 years and a miraculous pregnancy (we struggled for 8 years and tried every medical intervention possible). We had our son via IVF in 2008 but had not been able to sustain a pregnancy until Advocare helped my body to do what it’s created to do. Advocare does not make medical claims and I know that the Lord blessed us with Genevieve but I also know that Advocare enabled my body to do what it had previously not been able to do. Anthony and I have lost over 100 lbs combine and have been able to help hundreds of people find physical and financial freedom.” Merry Sedlak
Merry lost 50 lbs in 2013 and she will loose 30-40 lbs in 2014 AND run a 1/2 marathon!!! You go girl!
Last year we took the Slow-Carb Challenge here on the blog and we were very successful! It was a lot of fun doing that together! I still hear stories on how that 6 week challenge set you on a path to better health AND I LOVE THAT!!! We learned some valuable info about food and how our bodies respond to that food. That’s not to say that we won’t slide every now and then but we are on the right path!
This year TEAM BENSON is adding a second layer to our journey: SUPPLEMENTS! There are many misconceptions and misinformation regarding supplements and we would love the opportunity to clear the air.
Supplements are designed to fill in the gaps of what’s missing in our daily diet. Every time we eat we have a choice: we either
- Eat to NOT be hungry.
- Eat because of cravings.
- Eat to fill an emotional need.
- Eat to support nutrition today.
- Eat to support nutrition today, strengthen our body for the future AND to repair damage that already exists.
Using food alone to reach the goal in the final point is nearly impossible for the average person because of lack of knowledge and our poor condition of our food. This is why we take a multivitamin, but many people are wasting their $$$ and not getting the benefits they hope to achieve.
Consider joining us in a 24 DAY CHALLENGE! Be a part of our COACHING GROUP and not only will you get results in 24 days, even more valuable, you will be set on the right path and understand how to use supplements in a way to support your nutritional needs today AND years from now!
* All the supplements you will need including a gentle herbal cleanse, omega-plex, 2 different boxes of SPARK (vitamin energy drink), meal replacement shakes (your choice of flavor), MNS system (including multi-vitamin, omega-3 and probiotics)
* Personal coaching on
- the supplements you are taking
- why you should take these supplements
- how to choose supplements that actually work
- taking supplements on a budget
- how to eat to support your efforts with supplements as well as exercising
* Direct access to Ashley or Jeremy with questions and coaching
* Workout and training tips along the way
* And don’t forget RESULTS!!! You will feel better and look better after this challenge!!!
Take a look at the challenge step by step here.
- Coconut Oil – the best kind – click HERE to check it out!
- Spark – Vitamin energy drink. Check it out HERE.
STIR FRY PIZZA – SCD
TOMATO BASIL SOUP
SLOW-CARB SANDWICH – SCD
3 MINUTE MEAL – video/SCD
THE BEST BEANS SCD
CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
*** For more great health recipes, check out Holistic Chef Laura Lea
smoothies AND shakes AND working out…
9 FOODS TO EAT IN JANUARY
HOW TO GET YOUR KIDS TO EAT VEGETABLES
SPINACH… I THINK YES!
EATING SLOW-CARB AT CHUYS
- Hydrate ahead of time…research suggests that drinking plenty of cool water prior to exercise will preemptively cool the body and may boost performance in hot weather!
- Wear light colored clothing
- Let your body acclimate to the climate. Gradually getting your body use to the heat can result in better sweat response, lower body temp, and lower heart rate!
- If you have the choice, workout in the morning when temps are lower
to keep you cool!
They work really well.
Stay safe and have a great workout! If you exercise outside in the summer, let me know what you do and how you say cool!
- Load up on carbohydrates for a longer workout with ½ cup cooked steel-cut oats topped with 1 tablespoon dried fruit and 1 tablespoon shaved almonds.
- For the perfect blend of carbs and protein, try 1 cup non-fat vanilla bean Greek yogurt — which often packs more protein and probiotics than regular plain yogurt — with ½ cup fresh blueberries.
- For a quick carb fuel-up, slice 1 medium apple and serve with 2 tablespoons all-natural peanut or almond butter.
- Top ½ cup cottage cheese — a low calorie and higher protein option — with ½ cup fresh pineapple, berries, or melon.
- Pre-Workout Drink Muscle Fuel – because sometime it need to be THAT easy!
- Chocolate Almond Shake 1 scoop of chocolate whey protein – Muscle Gain Protein – 1/2 a banana, 1 TBSP almond butter, and 1 cup of almond milk
- Ants On A Log Spread a heap of natural peanut/almond butter over celery and top with raisins.
- Four eggs whites, 1 ounce low-fat cheese, and ¼ cup canned black beans — then spice it up with a savory salsa.
- Blend 4 cups spinach, ½ cup vanilla bean yogurt, 1 cup almond milk, 1 banana, and 1 tablespoon peanut butter with ice — Claudine Morgan via Iowa Girl Eats.
- One cup fat-free cottage cheese, 1 teaspoon honey, ½ cup whole-grain cereal, and a dash of cinnamon does a body good.
- One 7-inch pita with two spoonfuls of hummus adds a little pep back to your step with quick digesting carbs.
- Veg out after a hard training session with 2-3 whole eggs scrambled with a handful of chopped onion, spinach, and bell peppers.
- Protein Bar Sometimes you need something to grab and go!
- Post-Workout Recovery Drink –
- Helps minimize muscle soreness after strenuous activity
- Supplies essential components for muscle repair to optimize muscle recovery
- Helps maintain and restore energy supplies during and after physical activity
- Contains branched-chain amino acids to support muscle recovery, growth and endurance.
- They contain too little of the Omega-3’s
- They failed for being spoiled well before the expiration date.